Thursday, April 3, 2014

Mosaic Wooden Love Signs

I can't believe how fast this has week has gone, but we have been busy coming up with new designs and new ideas.  Last year we created a wooden mosaic sign to go over our bed (instead of the hunting picture that was there before ;-) ) and we had quite a few people who really liked it, and to be honest we were really happy with how it turned out also.  Below is the one we created for our bedroom.




However I wasn't too entirely fond of the font we used, it was just a little too wonky for me.  So when we decided to make a few that were similar this week I decided to try a different font.  I just love the patchwork look to these signs.  We had lots of fun putting this together.


Though Matt is usually the master behind the power tools, I'm finding that I love working in our shop just as much as he does.  It feels slightly liberating to be able to work next to him and actually know what I am doing now.  I'm not the most graceful, and prior to my new found joy the hot glue gun was as dangerous of a tool that I was allowed, and all us women can certainly attest to the ferocity of these little gems, darn things will give you blisters.  Even in college during an art school wood working class they suggested I stay away from all things with a blade, but thankfully I have made peace with these tools and can now build just about anything and even know what I am talking about when going to Lowe's and Home Depot.  Well that is my little major accomplishment in life and I am certainly glad I did, so many wonderful things to create!  This is the work in progress for our Mosaic Love Signs, I think they look great!


After getting to this point I thought they could use a little glitter, and the Gold Heart (furthest sign away) was not standing out very well against the wood tones, so I thought some glitter might help.  Below are the two finished products.



As much as I love the idea of the gold hearts, I really think the teal is working for me best.  I have two more to complete and I am thinking of doing another in teal and one in coral, sans glitter, but I guess it just depends on how I am feeling when I go to work on them.  So last week I mentioned us working on a custom sign for a child's room, we got the letters cut out for it and wanted to share the progress.  I actually did get it painted today but it was drying and didn't want to chance moving it around just yet.


I love custom orders, it is so much fun to actually be making something for someone specific.  Knowing in advance who it's for, ok I guess I'm just Queen of the obvious, but I do enjoy that aspect.  Aside from the custom order and mosaic signs I am also working on building up our stock of Wooden American Flags.  Aside from the time it takes to actually make one of them from start to finish they are simply my favorite thing we make.  I love looking at ours on the wall in our living room.  Seen below...



So we still have more new things to come and if you ever want to purchase something just email us at AmericanMadeGifts@gmail.com, you can follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/americanmadegifts, and Pinterest or Instagram.  If you purchase anything from us we would love to see how you have used it in your home, either tag us on facebook, Instagram or just use #americanmadegifts.


Hope you had a fantastic Thursday and an even better Friday tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing very interesting article.AMERICAN FLAG LASER ENGRAVED STARS - “OLD GLORY” gives an example of what it means to be loyal to this great country and it is a precious thing.

    ReplyDelete