Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy Monday

Happy Monday Everyone, hope you had a great weekend!  We were busy this weekend even though it was rainy and nasty.  And when I got to my work bench this weekend to begin working on our latest project I found the following sign strategically placed at my work bench (and I love saying I having a work bench in our garage, not sure why...lol).  Someone thinks he is funny!!  Made me chuckle.

 
I guess its fitting since just last week I was saying how in college I wasn't allowed to play with power tools.  Although admittedly I am not exactly graceful, but thankful I have learned my way around the required tools and have loved showing our creativity through wood creations.


This weekend we started working on our coastal collection, and decided to take a quick trip down to the beach and created an improptu advertising photo on our own beach.  I have to admit my mom started our writings in the sand advertising.  Last year we started a writings in the sand photography series and my mom suggested we do the same for our name also, and for our impromptu trip this weekend it was Matt's genius that suggested the particular idea below.  Its a good thing we are never far from our cameras on our beach adventures.  More on our photography in a few weeks.  But the below photo is to announce our upcoming American Made Gifts (AMG): Coastal Collection.


I am so excited about what will be coming this week, its definitely unique and original, and completely our own design.  And here is a sneak peak as to what is coming this week .... and we will have plenty to put up for sale!


Oops, guess you will have to wait till I can step away from our custom order and get them painted and/or stained and finished so I can post pictures.  But we promise it will be worth the wait!  Today I have been steady away on a custom order for a friends child's room.  The John Deere Logo with the child's name cut-out and painted.  Don't get me wrong we love, love, love coming up with new ideas and creating unique pieces, but we enjoy the challenge of a custom order.  Creating something that someone else envisions, its a challenge and lots of hard work, and occasionally takes a few re-dos...simply because we are both perfectionists!  But today has been so much fun and we cannot wait till it finds its new home.  My brilliant brush strokes for your viewing entertainment...ok so its not that breath taking but it entertains me.  And I enjoy any reason to take a photo.  Now my excuse for taking photos is "I am doing it for the blog"...who can argue with that?


Well I hope you all stay tuned and keep following us to see what new things we have in store.  The photography portion of this will be set up shortly, we are still figuring out the best way to go about it, but I will start posting some of the prints for sale very soon.

Enjoy your week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment